Birth of a Farming Dynasty

So, for the past 2 days, we have been working on preparing a small portion of the backyard to plant a garden. In the past we've thrown a few pepper plants or tomato plants into random parts of the yard, but I decided that this was going to be the year to have a real garden. So, I've got some seeds started in a mini greenhouse inside (basically a plastic tray with peat discs) and a threw a few seeds into the ground just to see how they'll do (those white rocks you see in the garden are just markings to remind me where I have planted different seeds- I'm sure there is a better way to do this). Hopefully, in a few months, we'll have a huge crop of tomatoes, onions, zucchini, cucumbers, and peas. I've also planted some basil seeds to see if I can get some herbs going. And in a few weeks, I'll plant some pepper plants in the front yard- I always plant them in the front flower bed and end up with about 490875 bushels of peppers. So, it begins. I hope that we do well since my dream is to have a small farm and this is about as close as I am going to get any time soon. If only I could have a few chickens.....

2 Response to "Birth of a Farming Dynasty"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    SO jealous! wish I had a yard... have fun growing:)

  2. Laura Says:

    How cool is that :)