Christmas Craziness

Wow- I have been really remiss in not posting anything from the holidays, haven't I? I have been battling what turned out to be a Vitamin B12 deficiency (which resulted in some not-so-fun, I-think-my-lips-are-on-fire-and-going-to-explode pain) and Justin was home so we spent the majority of the time after Christmas doing absolutely nothing except sleeping late and playing Mario Kart against each other on the DS and Rock Band on the Wii. And as it turns out, I am not that bad of a singer so look for my new CD to be out sometime in the next year. Hey, I've got to have a backup in case this whole raising my kids gig doesn't work out. But back to Christmas, it was great. The kids were spoiled beyond belief and got so many toys, we are still trying to figure out where to put everything in our tiny little house. It was nice to be home this year and settle since we moved back to SC from FL this time last year- it was, shall we say, a little stressful to try to unpack and get things organized just 2 days before Christmas especially when you have 3 kids underfoot and are fighting morning sickness. But this year, it was completely different and utterly wonderful for the most part- especailyl since we all got to be together for more than a weekendHere is the fam as we prepare to open our traditional Christmas Eve presents before heading to my mom's house. We always get the kids Christmas pajamas every year which works out great because then they are all cute and matchy-matchy on Christmas morning. Although, this is going to be the last year that Alden and Eleanor are going to match since he is getting too big for the toddler pajamas (which makes me want to cry so I'll not dwell on that). So I guess he is going to be moving up to the big boy pajamas next year and get to match with Zachary.
Harper spent most of the morning trying to eat all of her new toys. Look at those cheeks! I love them.
Could she be any cuter? I am pretty sure the answer is NO.
Zachary in his "old man" pajamas. He has gotten a pair of these in various colors for the past 4 years and loves them. I think that he was digging through his stocking at this point.
Alden with his new favorite best friend. Seriously. We've had to start placing restrictions on the DS use because he was starting to skip meals just to play.
Eleanor had to be woken up (awakened?) so that the boys could go into the living room to see the Santa presents (I refuse to let them do it separately- everyone has to go together) so she was a wee bit grumpy. Plus she HATES having anyone take her picture so this was a good as it got on Christmas morning.
So there is your little glimpse of craziness that was Christmas Eve and Christmas mornign at the Wilson house. Lots of fun, lots of toys, and no less than 598784 wire twisty things to untwist. And lots of family time which is the best present of all for us.

1 Response to "Christmas Craziness"

  1. Pam Says:

    Harper IS stinkin' adorable. Love the matching pajamas -- great tradition! I'm glad ya'll had such a nice Christmas!