Four

On this day, four years ago, my sweetest little baby boy was born. It had been a long road to having a second child and this was the baby that we had to wait for- it took us close to 2 years to conceive him and I was beginning to wonder if we would ever have another baby. But then, four years ago, Alden was born and arrived with a firm grip on my heart. The time has passed entirely too too quickly and while I have loved every second of watching him grow into this great little boy, I am so sad that he's not my little baby boy anymore. He is such an amazing little spirt- he is quietly brilliant and so laid back. He is devoted to his DS but still loves to play with his cars. He loves to hug "his" Harper and tries to avoid crazy Eleanor. When cimbs up beside me and says "I yuv you, mommy" I feel like my heart is going to burst- that is until he follows up with "can I play Wii?" Of course, he could probably ask me to rob a bank and I am pretty sure I would at least consider it very seriously. He's a clown, he's rough and tumble when he needs to be, he's a gentle little giant, he's my little Noni. And today he is four.

3 Response to "Four"

  1. Pam Says:

    Happy Birthday, Alden!!

  2. Laura Says:

    Alden rocks!

  3. Christy Correll-Hughes Says:

    Happy Birthday to Alden!