The Middles

When I was pregnant with Eleanor, I spent the entire pregnancy in a hormonal freak show worried about Alden's reaction to being "replaced" when she was born. He was only 15 months old when she was born and I was convinced that he was going to be devastated by my betrayal of having another baby when he was so little. He was going to hate me and never forgive his little sister. I cried myself to sleep at night over it and cried over his crib the night before I was scheduled to be induced with Eleanor. Hey- I told you it was a hormonal freak show. But things have turned out so much better between the two of them than I could ever imagined. They are as thick as thieves and are, for the most part, the leaders of a 2 person gang set to destroy any semblance of peace during my day. They are complete opposites but compliment each other so well. Alden is laid back and calm- very low key and happy to sit and do the same thing all.day.long. Eleanor is constantly in motion and always on her way to get into something that is forbidden. She is the yin to Alden's yang. They tend to take care of each other too- if Eleanor is sneaking popsicles or candy, she always gets one for Alden too. If Eleanor is tired and wants to lay down, Alden will turn on Dora for her to watch so she can wind down and take a nap. It really is a cute little dynamic they have. This past week, we have all been fighting a cold that has managed to work its way through the entire family. Alden was sick with it Wednesday and Thursday and it hit Eleanor on Friday. She was just pitiful and low key which is not the norm for her. So Saturday night, Zachary went to Grammie's house and the Middles and Harper all curled up in the bed with me to hang out and watch tv. This was a treat for Alden and he was out in no time (the girls had long been asleep). In the middle of the night, Harper woke me up to nurse and I sat up to check on Eleanor and saw the sweetest sight. Eleanor was holding Alden's Doggie (his prized possession) and Alden was hugging Eleanor. And she woke up this morning feeling 100% better after 2 days of sickness. So I think that not only do the Middles have a strong bond, I think together they have a little bit of healing magic.

3 Response to "The Middles"

  1. Laura Says:

    Too sweet!

  2. Anonymous Says:

    oh my goodness-I hope I have kids this interesting and sweet!

  3. Pam Says:

    This is so sweet!