Nine

On this day, nine years ago, my first baby boy was born. Zachary was born on his due date which is supposed to be rare for first babies and was such a wonderful baby right out of the gate, um, womb. He was the best kind of baby to learn how to be parent with- he slept easily and cried rarely. He has grown up to be such a smart and funny big boy. He has my love of reading and talent for talking back. He has Justin's love of 80's music and an appreciation for fast cars. He is talkative and good at telling a funny joke. He loves his brother and sisters (except Eleanor- I would only call that emotion mild tolerance) and is ready to help me out to take care of them whenever he is needed. He is my right-hand man when Justin is out of town and I know that one day far far into the future, he is going to make a wonderful partner to some lucky person. Let's just hope that person comes with a steel countenance because I have high standards for my first boy. He is almost as tall as I am and honestly, that freaks me out a little bit. When did my baby boy grown so tall, when did he learn to write in cursive, when did he learn how to spell asshole? Sigh. So, today, I am going to hug my little boy and wish that he stop growing so tall and wish him Happy Birthday #9.

2 Response to "Nine"

  1. Laura Says:

    Happy Birthday Zackary. We love you.
    Laura & Lisa

  2. Pam Says:

    Happy birthday, Zachary! Love the baby picture flashback -- what a cutie!